Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Access
(IDEA) Working Group
Provides a safe and sanctified space for professionals to further explore who we are in relation to others and what we can achieve together. Emphasis is on strategies to implement IDEA in the workplace so you can walk the talk.
In this highly interactive and hands-on working group, participants will identify an action item of their choice to implement within their organization which supports being champions of inclusion, equity and diversity. Coaching and feedback will be provided on best practices and strategies for successful implementation. In between sessions, participants will be expected to complete thoughtful reading and complete reflection exercises, as well as work with a cohort partner on various assessments.
Sessions & Topics
- History and Framework of Racial Equity
- Deconstructing Racism and Building Equity
- Systemic Equity and Organizational Change
- Bias, Beliefs and Microaggressions
- Marginalization and Privilege
- Allies, Accomplices, Antiracists and Upstanding
- Participant Presentations and Consulting Feedback
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed to be inclusive. It is for any and all nonprofit professionals interested in bringing a wider sense of belonging to their nonprofit organizations, regardless of position or department.