||Taking Charge of Conflict
||Human Resource Development,
Self-Guided Supervisory Skills
||Conflict happens, but it’s not necessarily a bad thing if it can be resolved effectively. An interest-based, relational approach to conflict respects individual differences that help people avoid becoming too entrenched in fixed positions. In this workshop, participants will:
* Define conflict and the sources of conflict.
* Describe the early warning signs of conflict.
* Identify the elements that create conflict.
* Expand awareness of problem solving strategies.
* Develop tools and resources to resolve conflict.
*This workshop is a core requirement for the Self-Guided Supervisory Skills Certificate Program.
Recommended Prerequisites or Pre-knowledge: Take this workshop after taking “Leadership Skills for Supervisors” and “Emotional Intelligence”.